Social Justice Committee
Dominican High School is devoted to carrying out the themes of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Community, and Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Options for the Poor and Vulnerable
- The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
- Care for God’s Creation
The Social Justice Committee provides a forum for students to put these themes into action through advocating for the poor, the marginalized, and the oppressed. Committee members take the lead in working for justice and organizing service opportunities for Dominican students for those within the greater Milwaukee community. Serving others is a crucial aspect of our Catholic faith and is imbedded into the daily life of a Dominican student. On average, our student-body volunteers 5,937 hours of service to those in need.
We invite you to visit the websites and support the services of our partners in ministry: