Catholic Social Responsibility at Dominican
Dominican High School promotes the dignity and well-being of all people and strives to provide an inclusive educational environment where each individual feels safe, cared for, and valued.
Grounded in the Sinsinawa Core Values and the teachings of sacred scripture, Dominican High School strives to promote equity and develop understanding across the Dominican community, through the celebration of each person’s own culture, ethnicity, religion, race, socioeconomic status, and their own individual perspective.
Dominican High School affirms its commitment to provide a welcoming and respectful work and educational environment, in which all individuals within the school community may benefit from each other’s experiences and foster mutual respect and appreciation of divergent views.
- We embrace our richly diverse student population and view it as one of our greatest strengths.
- We reaffirm that all people are created in God’s own image and treat each individual’s uniqueness with deep respect
- Our faith-filled environment, rooted in the core values of our founding congregation, the Sinsinawa Dominicans, prepares students to participate in a global community.
Dominican High School adheres to the five guiding principles of Catholic Social Responsibility set forth by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee:
- Catholic Social Teachings provide the foundation for the instruction and formation of our Catholic School community regarding all social issues.
- Dominican participates directly in the evangelizing mission of the Church and, as such, are called to “make disciples of all nations” (Mt 28:19).
- As central to our mission, Dominican will educate the whole student by effectively integrating faith, culture, and life.
- Dominican will teach and model the essence of Catholic social action: “love for God and neighbor” (Mt 22:34-40).
- Respect for all people will be a fundamental expectation for every member of our Catholic school community.
Dominican supports and promotes the rich diversity of God’s creation through a variety of programming:
- Student Social Justice Committee
- uKnighted in Service Program
- Veritas Preaching Team
- Heritage Clubs and Multi-Cultural Programming
- Service Based Internships
For further information about the Catholic Social Responsibility from our supporting institutions please visit the links below:
Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa:
Peace and Justice Resources:
Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Office of Schools: Catholic Social Responsibility:
Dominican High School Mission Statement
To provide young adults with a co-educational, Catholic, college-preparatory experience based on the teachings of Jesus. Our faith-driven school community fosters spirituality and creativity, and encourages intellectual, social, physical and artistic development. We commission our students to develop a heightened sense of social responsibility and respect for human dignity based on the values articulated by our sponsoring congregation, the Sinsinawa Dominicans: Truth, Compassion, Justice, Community, Partnership.
“There is a need to look beyond one’s immediate personal experience and accept differences, discovering the richness to be found in other people’s history and in their values.”
~ St. Pope John Paul II
Dialogue between Cultures for a Civilization of Love and Peace